Accounting Associate - Nisku, AB
Location: Nisku, Alberta
Position: Full time
We are currently looking for a Accounting Assocaite to become an X-PERT on our expanding team in Nisku, Alberta. The successful candidate will reside in Edmonton or the surrounding area.
Harness the power of your unwavering attention to detail as you record and maintain critical financial transactions. From purchases, expenses, invoices, to payments, you will serve as the guardian of accuracy, guaranteeing the flawless processing of company data.
What You'll Do
- Perform full cycle bookkeeping
- Enter all employee hours and financial transactions into QuickBooks
- Prepare reconciliation of bank account balances and credit card transactions
- Enter data, maintain records, and create reports and financial statements
- Prepare month-end journal entries if necessary
- Process/reconcile accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices and receipts
- Organize and maintain financial documents
What You'll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance, or business administration
- At least 3 years of experience in a bookkeeping or accounting role
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Strong attention to detail and highly accurate with proven administrative capabilities
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Internet and technology savvy, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks Online
- Exemplary organizational skills with task prioritization, multi-tasking, and time-management techniques
- Must be able to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and have adaptability skills
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing business environment is an asset
- Strong customer service and a team player skills
Physical and Safety Requirements
- This position is subject to pre-employment, pre-access, post-incident, and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing
- Understanding of and willingness to abide by and promote all safety protocols
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally
Our Core Values
- Be great - Strive for excellence with accountability in everything we do.
- Be kind - In every interaction, leave the experience better than it started.
- Stand out - Be different. Live different. Do different.
- Have fun - Make every moment count.
- Give back - We are building a better future for generations to come.
We create the X-FACTOR experience, through excellence, expertise and extraordinary service.
Abillity to commute/relocate
- Nisku, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
TURBINE-X Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, all are welcome to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting is open until a successful candidate is hired.