Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic - Grande Prairie, AB
Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Position: Full time, permanent
Do you want to get in on the ground level of the next world leading energy provider that values family and giving back to the community?
We are currently looking for an Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic to become an X-PERT on our expanding team in Grande Prairie, Alberta. The successful candidate will reside in Grande Prairie or the surrounding area.
Perform mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and analysis on a variety of rotating equipment for gas compression & power generation, with limited guidance.
What You'll Do
- Conduct thorough diagnosis and troubleshooting on engine, generator, and compressor systems, unit control panels, and ancillary equipment, encompassing pumps, valves, coolers, and related components.
- Perform regular fleet maintenance and inspections on both client and TX-RENTS fleet equipment.
- Ensure timely submission of accurate and comprehensive field service reports, expense reports, as well as inspection and maintenance reports.
- Adhere to TURBINE-X's HSE policies, ensuring all work is conducted safely.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and utilize experience to effectively resolve technical problems.
- Execute pre-commissioning and start-up tasks on TURBINE-X's new packaged equipment and rental units.
- Utilize specialized tools like gas analyzers, laser aligners, micrometers, electronic pressure gauges, and other diagnostic tools to thoroughly inspect, document, and repair equipment.
- Participate actively in the on-call rotation to address urgent service requirements.
- Take the lead in guiding and mentoring service technicians during equipment overhauls, fostering their development and growth.
What You'll Bring:
- 10 years' experience with gaseous fueled equipment and power generation equipment is preferred.
- A valid Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate.
- Experience with turbomachinery is considered an asset.
- Experience working on reciprocating and rotary screw compressors.
- The ideal candidate would hold however, not limited to the following certifications & training:
- CAT Gas I, II
- Caterpillar 3500 ADEM III and IV
- Caterpillar 3600 ADEM III and IV
- Ariel Basic and Mechanic Training
- Waukesha VHP Technology
- H2S Alive
- Exceptional analytical, time management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to lead, take initiative, and work independently
- Professional discretion
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-orientation, with a sense of humour and positivity
- Sound judgment, strong critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate peers in the importance of health & safety
- Ability to travel within Canada and USA; must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and passport
Physical and Safety Requirements
- This position is considered safety sensitive and is subject to pre-employment, pre access, post incident, and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing
- Understanding of and willingness to abide by and promote all safety protocols
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Clean criminal background check
What We'll Offer You
- A healthy compensation package
- A fun work environment
- Work life balance (really, it's important)
- Decades of combined knowledge in the power generation industry to elevate your potential
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Our Core Values
- Be great - Strive for excellence with accountability in everything we do.
- Be kind - In every interaction, leave the experience better than it started.
- Stand out - Be different. Live different. Do different.
- Have fun - Make every moment count.
- Give back - We are building a better future for generations to come.
We create the X-FACTOR experience, through excellence, expertise and extraordinary service.
Abillity to commute/relocate
- Grande Prairie, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
TURBINE-X Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, all are welcome to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting is open until a successful candidate is hired.