Senior Field Services Technician - Nisku, AB
Senior Field Services Technician
Location: Nisku, Alberta Canada
Position: Full Time
Do you want to get in on the ground level of the next world leading energy provider that values family and giving back to the community?
We are currently looking for a Senior Field Service Technician to become an X-PERT on our expanding team in Grande Prairie, Alberta. The successful candidate will reside in Nisku, Edmonton, or the surrounding area.
Perform mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and analysis on a variety of rotating equipment for gas compression & power generation, with limited guidance.
What' You'll Do
- Be responsible for submitting accurate, complete, and timely field service reports, expense reports and inspection and maintenance reports.
- Perform all work safely and in alignment with TURBINE-X HSE policies.
- Perform all work with a high level of attention to detail, and leverage experience to solve technical problems.
- Conduct regular fleet maintenance and inspections on Client and TX-RENTS fleet equipment.
- Conduct diagnosis and troubleshooting on engine, generator and compressor systems, unit control panels and ancillary equipment including but not limited to pumps, valves, coolers and related
- Conduct pre-commissioning and start-up work on TURBINE-X new packaged equipment, as well as rental units.
- Utilize specialty tooling such as gas analyser, laser aligner, micrometers, electronic pressure gauges and other diagnostic tools to inspect, document and repair equipment.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Lead and mentor other Service Technicians through performance of equipment overhauls.
What You'll Bring:
- 10 years' experience with gaseous fueled equipment and power generation equipment.
- A valid Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, Millwright and/or Electrician certificate.
- Experience with turbomachinery is considered an asset.
- Experience working on reciprocating and rotary screw compressors.
- The ideal candidate would hold however, not limited to the following certifications & training:
- CAT Gas I, II
- Caterpillar 3500 ADEM III and IV
- Caterpillar 3600 ADEM III and IV
- Ariel Basic and Mechanic Training
- Waukesha VHP Technology
- H2S Alive
- Exceptional analytical, time management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to lead, take initiative, and work independently
- Professional discretion
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-orientation, with a sense of humour and positivity
- Sound judgment, strong critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate peers in the importance of health & safety
- Ability to travel within Canada and USA; must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and passport
Physical and Safety Requirements
- This position is considered safety sensitive and is subject to pre-employment, pre access, post incident, and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing
- Understanding of and willingness to abide by and promote all safety protocols
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Clean criminal background check
What We'll Offer You
- A healthy compensation package
- A fun work environment
- Work life balance (really, it's important)
- Decades of combined knowledge in the power generation industry to elevate your potential
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Our Core Values
- Be great - Strive for excellence with accountability in everything we do.
- Be kind - In every interaction, leave the experience better than it started.
- Stand out - Be different. Live different. Do different.
- Have fun - Make every moment count.
- Give back - We are building a better future for generations to come.
Our Mission: Powering Intelligent ESG Growth; together we’ll create a sustainable place for all.
TURBINE-X Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, all are welcome to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting is open until a successful candidate is hired.